careers news & media events contact info site map  
  torrent   torrent pharmaceuticals limited  
 
   
 
Home  ::  Social Responsibility  ::  Health Forum  
 

 

Dyslexia
Why badly
Einstein in school did.

Dyslexia is a learning disorder which selectively affects a child's ability to read and write. It occurs due to abnormalities in those parts of the brain that participate in language related function. Genetic abnormalities are the cause of 90% of the cases. Brain damage (after the person has learnt to read) due to high fever, trauma or head injury accounts for the other 10%.

Symptoms ::
A tendency to confuse 'up' with 'down' 'left' with 'right', 'saw' for 'was'; spelling 'men' as 'h-e-n' reading without comprehension and having trouble with arithmetic. Dyslexics display normal social behaviour and may be very good at sports and extra curricular activities (Einstein could play concert level violin)

There is no cure/prevention for dyslexia. If detected early, children can make the most of their strengths. (Oscar Wilde and Thomas Edison were also dyslexic.) Learning Difficulty Clinics with Psychologists and Special Education Teachers also help. Do not let school problems interfere with the child's self esteem. Do consult your doctor for more details.


 
 
A B C D E F
G H I L M O
  P R S T  
 
  D  
Dandruff
Depression
Diabetes
Diabetes Mellitus
Diabetes Retinopathy
Diarrhoea
Drug Interaction
Dyslexia

 

Copyright © 2003
careers faq news & media events contact info site map
^ TOP